Saturday 1 December 2012

Crocodile Frock



One of my favourite places in the world to go for a Fashion Fix is Dover Street Market. Its eclectic mix of up-and-coming designers and classic tailoring (with the odd stuffed animal in a glass cabinet) provides me with an abundance of wardrobe inspiration for the coming season. On my last visit, I was mesmerised by this stunning Alaїa creation; his trademark body-sculpting, hourglass design in sumptuous black shiny crocodile skin. It was at that moment I decided that I was not going to make it through Autumn/ Winter without an element of this material in my life.

 
(Dover Street Market First Floor)

Having tore myself away from the mannequin, accepting that I MIGHT not splash out on the £3,000 beauty, I found these at a car boot sale. Ignoring the fact that they were ever so slightly small on me, I bought and displayed them in the house oh so proudly. After many unsuccessful attempts of feet shrinking I have listed them on eBay so that they can be aptly strutted down the street the way Azzedine Alaїa intended!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment